Walking on Sunshine
Jan 15, 2020
We can’t guarantee the weather for our events, but if you like walking then our weekends across the UK will brighten up your 2020. Over the next 6 months we visit:
- The South Coast - and Hotel Rex on the sea front in Weymouth, the perfect base for our coastal walks around Abbotsbury and the towering limestone cliffs of the Isle of Portland. In May we head to Eastbourne to explore the cliff tops of the Heritage Coast
- The Lake District - a favourite location for us. There are many visits throughout the year to choose from starting with our annual Wobbly weekend in Borrowdale where we combine day walking with evening wine tasting. At Easter we return to Glaramara House in Seatoller where there will be many walks to choose from and in May we head to the North West Lakes and Keswick and then Ambleside and Ennerdale in the Western Lakes for the two Bank Holiday weekends
- The Chilterns - staying near Aylesbury where we take in dramatic views on our walks and the opportunity to see picturesque villages, woodlands, nature reserves and Iron Age forts.
- North Wales - Llangollen is always popular and this year we explore the Llantysilio mountain range and Eglwyseg or Crick valleys.
- Yorkshire - firstly we head to the North West corner of the county where we stay near Sedbergh and walk to Howgills and Dentdale. In June we are in the traditional spa town of Ilkley where we can explore the famous moors with its rocky tors and wild heather.
- Peak District - our Easter Hostel and camping weekend at Ilam can be as active or as chilled as you like, there will be guided walks, a BBQ, air hockey, table tennis or pool. Alternatively, we have the Dovedale weekend where we have 3 days of exploring the southern edge of the Peak District National Park.
- Scotland - we have found a lovely spot in the village of Gairloch in the North West Highlands, the perfect to explore the lochs, waterfall walks, Munros and Corbetts
- Blackpool - a sociable and walking weekend in our most wonderfully kitsch seaside resort
- Wiltshire - we spend the Whitsun Bank Holiday weekend exploring the Southern Cotswolds and the Marleborough Downs
For more information or to book any of these weekends, go to the Events Calendar and use the filters to look for Manchester weekends or alternatively call the office on 0161 864 3849