Stuck for Conversation?
Oct 18, 2019
Meeting people for the first time can be daunting, so taking that first step to attending a Spice event when you don’t know anyone is a big step.
We totally understand, we have been there.
Even for members who have been to many events, it can still be difficult at times and they will have developed some tried and trusted ways of talking to other people. Often these are just ice breakers until a common ground has been found.
Our top tips are to:
- Keep it generic and try to stay clear of any topics that could offend
- Ask open questions, these are good conversation starters
- .. and listen - just as important as talking!
Here are some topic ideas to help you on your way.
- Have you been a member of Spice long?
- What type of events do you enjoy attending?
- Have you got any events booked coming up?
- Are there any events you have seen that are on your wish list?
- Why did you decide to join Spice?
- What has been your favourite Spice event ever?
- Have you been on any of the weekend breaks or holidays?
- Which area do you live in?
- Have you have a favourite type of cuisine / restaurant?
- What’s been your most memorable Spice moment to date?
These are only a guide and hopefully will give you some ideas for topics and questions yourself.
Remember on most events there will be a Spice co-ordinator and they will happily introduce you to other members and help get the conversation started.. and above all relax and enjoy!