Spice up your Christmas
Oct 09, 2019
The festive period can be joyous and the perfect opportunity to get together with friends and family to celebrate all things Christmas.
For many though it can be a lonely and difficult time, especially those new to the area or have family living away or those who have found themselves single this year and are wondering how to get through the next few months with the countdown to Christmas everywhere we turn.
We totally understand all those situations and feelings, we’ve been there… and that is why we try to sprinkle some festive magic with our range of events and activities to give you some options on how you could spend your time this Christmas;
- Jacobean Mansion Christmas Party Weekend - the ultimate house party held at Ingestre Hall in Staffordshire. Set in grounds with landscaped gardens designed by Capability Brown, our home for the weekend is the perfect venue to kick start the festive period with plenty of activities available from table tennis, air hockey and pool to walks, bike rides, quizzes, board games and film screenings. There will be a Saturday night party and plenty of opportunities to wear your Christmas sweater.
- Dunham Massey’s Magical, After-Dark, illuminated Trail - we return for a 3rd year to the National Trust park in Altrincham after dark for their Winter Wonderland. There will be new installations, gigantic flowers, festive projections, glowing Vortex tunnels, colourful reflections on the water and lit up trees. Half-way treats of Mulled Wine, Mince Pies and maybe the chance to toast mashmallows on the fire-pit will be in store as well as a pub tea before hand and a warming drink afterwards.
- Gatsby Themed Christmas Party - we are taking a trip back in time to the rip-roaring 20’s for a Great Gatsby themed evening at the fabulous Marriot Victoria & Albert Hotel in Manchester. There will be a welcome drink, 3 course meal and DJ. The dress code is glamorous frocks and smart suits, or you could dress to match the theme - think Flapper Girls, Gangsters & Molls and Peaky Blinders!
- Christmas Break - every year we host a break to take in Christmas Eve to the 27th December. For 2019 we will be in the medieval city of Lincoln at 4 star The Double Tree by Hilton. Breakfast, two evening meals (3 courses), an evening buffet and a three course Christmas dinner Is included along with Christmas Eve Mulled Wine and Mince Pies, a guided City walk and much more.
- Twixtmas - we have two options this year for those days between Christmas and New Year where many are on holiday from work. Instead of hitting the festive sales or munching through boxes of Quality Street and watching the Wizard of Oz again, join us in Borrowdale in the Lake District or the Dovedale in the Peak District for a walking break. Each will have several walk options to choose from to suit all abilities or you can use the opportunity to relax or explore the local area.
The nearer we get to December more events will be added. In previous years we have had Christmas inspired local walks, visits to the Manchester Markets, Christmas Card workshops, a visit to the Christmas Story at the Gorton Monastery, festive films and pub meet ups, and even our Book Club choose an appropriately seasonal read. Watch this space for details.
So, this year put a Spice Membership on the top of your Christmas Wish List and enjoy the festivities with friends you just haven’t met yet.
Contact us to discuss or head over to our Events page to check out the full listing of upcoming activities