Calling all Book Worms
Nov 20, 2019
Our Book Club meet one evening a month at the Spice office in Stretford.
It’s a great opportunity to be introduced to new books and meet new people and make friends in a relaxed environment.
The books are chosen by the members on a voting system and we announce the books three months in advance if you prefer to take a little longer to read the book, or you can dip in and dip out and join us for the books that just appeal to you most.
There are many benefits to joining the Spice Manchester Book Club for example;
- You have an incentive to finish the book
- It can help reduce your stress levels through reading
- Get to meet new people and (hopefully) make new friends
- You will be introduced to new books and authors
- It can develop your teamwork skills
- It’s good for adults of all ages
- It can aid with improving your own writing skills
- There are always biscuits and chocolate available!
In the last year we have read the following books:
- When All is Said by Anne Griffin
- The Librarian of Auschwitz - the true story of Dita Kraus
- Diary of a Somebody by Brian Bilston
- Daughters of the Dragon - William Andrews
- Unnatural Causes by Richard Shepherd
- Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery and Alison Anderson
- The Women of the Castle by Jessica Shattuck
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Limelight by Emily Organ
Coming up over the next three months we have selected:
- Twas The Nightshift Before Christmas - Adam Kay
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- The Secret Barrister: Stories of the Law and how its broken
Book club costs just £2.00 a month to attend and excludes the price of the book which you can either borrow from the library or buy yourself in your preferred format i.e. printed, electronic or audio.
All event costs for this event are donated to the Book Aid charity www.bookaid.org