A Social Life on a Budget
Oct 21, 2019
Ten Events under a Tenner!
Having a social life doesn’t have to cost the earth.
At Spice we aim to have a range of activities to suit all pockets and we have many events on our calendar throughout the year that cost under £10, and most of these take place on a regular basis;
- Theatre - productions at smaller regional venues like The Garrick Theatre in Stockport or The Waterside Arts Centre in Sale are often more reasonably priced than the city centre ones.
- Bar Tours - focussing on a different area of Manchester (or further afield) we visit four to five drinking establishments each tour. In most cases we will have an area reserved for us in each and a welcome drink and a co-ordinator are included in the cost.
- Pub Social - we host four per month in Wilmslow, Sale, Worsley and Leigh. A great opportunity for members to meet other members in their area, discuss recent events or plan future ones.
- Movie & Popcorn Night - watch one of the recent blockbusters with us, we’ll provide the popcorn!
- Book Club - an easy-going social evening discussing all things literary and a focus on this month’s chosen book. All proceeds go to the Book Aid charity.
- Creative Writing - for our budding authors and poets, this session includes writing exercises, supportive feedback and encouragement. All proceeds are donated to the Diversity Role Models charity.
- Rambles & Walks - we offer a wide range of guided walks across the region. Each are of varying distance and graded ability to suit all members. Prices start from £5.00 and cover the costs of the co-ordinator, the preparation time planning and checking the route.
- Badminton - there are two sessions weekly in Heywood and Stretford. Early Bird offers are available.
- NLP Coaching - exceptionally great value sessions offering guidance to life changing NLP from trained consultant Maureen Fearon, who generously gives her time for free. Proceeds from this monthly event are donated to the Teenage Life Control social enterprise project.
- Relationship & Dating Tips - a monthly session hosted by Maureen, our resident Love Guru. These are guaranteed to be funny and incredibly informative!
- Emotional Wisdom Nights - Maureen leads a third monthly evening focused on our emotions. These are an unique, upbeat and enthusiastic look at human behaviour and will give guidance on any problem you may have.
- Seasonal - throughout the year we add in extra events, for example at Christmas we will be visiting Gorton Monastery for The Christmas Story and Carol Singing. All proceeds will be given to the Monastery as a donation.
Using our Events Activities Schedule on the Spice UK website, you can filter ‘under a tenner’ and specify Spice Manchester or distance from your postcode.
For more information, contact us on 0161 873 8788