A New You for 2020
Dec 23, 2019
The start of a New Year always seems like a good idea to start afresh - we’ve got new calendars or diaries so how about trying new activities and joining us on some different events in 2020.
Here are some ideas:
- Walking - we offer a variety of different hikes, rambles and walks to suit all abilities. Each one will have a walk leader or guide and before you book, details are given for the grade, mileage with information on what to wear and bring with you. Walking is a great way to keep fit and our walks are very sociable too with plenty of opportunities to chat to your fellow walkers.
- Learn to play an instrument - the ukulele for example! Ros, one of our talented members hosts a fun beginners evening where in 2 hours you will be able to learn the basics and work up to learning a song or two!
- Dining out - if you fancy giving your taste buds a treat this year, then you are in the right place, we have a wide variety of dining options from brunch to dinner across the Manchester region. We have some firm favourites on our list which we regularly visit as well as trying out new restaurants, pubs and cafes.
- Drama Club - new for 2020 we are introducing fun drama nights! If you have ever fancied trying out acting, then this is for you. These sessions can also help with improving your confidence in speaking in front of others.
- Theatre - prefer watching performances rather than being on the stage? We regularly visit local theatres for productions from music and comedy to spoken word and performing arts.
- Reading - like books but feel you are stuck in a rut with reading the same genres and authors? Our monthly book club can help push those literary boundaries and introduce you to different authors. A fun and sociable group .. and don’t worry nobody will mind if you don’t finish the book!!
- Go away - every month there are weekends away and holidays in the UK or overseas, for new members these are perfect for jumping right in to meet other Spicers!
- Laugh more - laughing is good for the soul and there are plenty of events where you’ll be doing lots of chuckling… for almost guaranteed belly laughs then head along to the Frog & Bucket nights in Manchester or the Buzz Comedy in Sale
- Explore - find out more about our wonderful city of Manchester with our guided walks, above and below the ground!! Often these are themed and it’s fascinating to pick up snippets of historical information and facts!
- Chill out - prefer the gentler events and the opportunity to take it easy - we have plenty of those on offer from an evening in the pub to a weekend or holiday away.
Look today at the Spice Events calendar on our website, there are filters available to hone your selection from type of event, to distance from home or for a specific time period.
Alternatively, give us a call at the Spice Manchester office, and we’d be happy to help you find your next event