Situated near Colmore Row, Zen Metro is an award winning Birmingham Restaurant that combines both Thai and Indian Dining under one roof.
We have teamed up with both the restaurant and Tony Elvin of the Wine Events Company to offer something a little different. During this fantastically fun Thai Wine Dinner, we can expect a sparkling welcome drink on arrival, before sitting down to a four course Thai banquet, all paired with the perfect wines from around the world.
The restaurant is very chic with a mirrored walkway, an ultra long bar and a huge blossom tree centrepiece in the middle of the restaurant.
Relax, kick back and indulge as wine geek Tony (his words not mine!) talks you through each of the pairings over a sumptuous Thai feast.
Sparkling welcome drink, four course Thai feast and five fantastic paired wines with justification from an expert sommelier
Here is a sample set menu of what we can expect. The exact menu will be confirmed closer to the time:
This event isn't a Spice exclusive and therefore members of the public may book too. However, Tony (our wine expert) has worked with Spice for many years and knows us well, so will keep our group together.
This is our first visit to Zen Metro but here is some feedback from similar events with Tony in the past.
· It was a lovely day, really enjoyed it, the food was great and the Prosecco was lovely, it was a lovely group and Tony was great,
· The tasting was excellent. Very welcoming,easy-going and informative, with the details sent out afterwards .The bottles were all affordable,and will be easy to find. Rather disappointed with the food, but overall good value and I would book again.
· The done was very tasty and the information on the prosecco was great. The guy runnning it was very professional and interesting. I would definitely book it again.
· I enjoyed the event. The joining instructions were clear. The host was good. He made an effort to speak to everyone. The food was good. I thought it was OK in terms of value. The venue was nice. I liked that it was an independent restaurant. I would book on a similar event in the future despite my low alcohol tolerance.
In an ideal world it would have been nice to be in a room that had some natural light.
· Just a quick 'yes i enjoyed the prosecco tasting'. Specifically the venue, the food and restaurant staff were great. Tony was great, so informative, passionate but also good fun. Most importantly, for me, as someone with 'no significant palette', we werent tested on (a) what we were tasting, and (b) all the information Tony shared. Great event - that I would attend again despite my 'no significant palette' (as can only get better by such events). Personally, would have preferred a smaller group, but in other ways it is better 'the more the merrier'.
Located in the heart of the Colmore Business District, Zen Metro is very central in the City and close to the Town Hall, the ICC and the NIA. The restaurant is just a 5 minute walk from Snow Hill Station and just a couple more minutes from Birmingham New Street Station, so it's great for public transport links.