Join us this evening for dinner and social evening at the Prae Wood Arms.
Originally built as a ‘’little cottage’’ in 1838 for the ageing Lady Frances Cooke Grimston, the Prae Wood Arms is a beautiful building steeped in history, next to the River Ver.
This is a great way to meet fellow Spicers in the St Albans area!
Meet at the Spice London table for 7.30pm.
We will enjoy 2 or 3 courses from the following:
- Leek and potato soup with chunky bread and butter (v)
- Red pepper, pea and mint falafels with yoghurt and cucumber (v)
- Nocellara olives marinated in olive oil (v)
- Pork chipolatas with honey and mustard
- Pappadums with mango chilli
- Mussels in garlic butter with samphire
- BBQ chicken wings
- 10oz rump steak, Dijon and tarragon butter, Portobello mushrooms, tomatoes and chips (£6 supplement to host on the night)
- Pork and leek sausages, mash, buttered greens and onion gravy
- Warm crispy beef salad with sweet chilli dressing and cashew nuts
- Honey roast ham (served cold), eggs and chips
- Braised shoulder of lamb with Dauphinoise potatoes, carrot mash and rosemary gravy
- Mushroom Bourguignon pie with new potatoes, sautéed greens and red wine jus
- Deep-fried cod in beer batter with chips, mushy peas and tartare sauce
- Steak burger topped with grilled bacon and Cheddar, with coleslaw and chips
- Warm waffle with boozy red berries with vanilla ice cream
- Elderflower panna cotta with granola and fresh fruits
- Cheshire farm ice creams - choose three scoops from: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, rum and raisin, vegan raspberry ripple, lemon curd, honeycomb and banoffee
- Cheshire farm sorbets - choose three scoops from: Lemon, mango, blackcurrant, rhubarb, passion fruit or apple
Ask A Question